Monday, January 19, 2026

Why Editing Takes Longer Than People Expect

When you book me, you're not just paying for the hours I spend behind the camera. A big part of what you're paying for happens after the session, when I sit down and actually edit your photos.

After a shoot, I go through hundreds, sometimes thousands, of images to find the best ones. Sharp, well lit, full of real emotion. Then each one gets individually adjusted, color, exposure, skin tones, all of it. I don't run one preset over everything and call it done. Every photo gets tuned by hand so the whole gallery feels consistent, whether it was shot in bright sun or a dim reception hall.

Retouching is part of it too, but it's subtle. I'm not changing who you are. Softening a shadow, cleaning up something distracting in the background, making sure skin tones look natural rather than processed. Small things that take a trained eye and real time.

People sometimes assume it's just running photos through Lightroom presets. It's not. Color grading and selective retouching are a craft, and every image gets reviewed more than once before it goes into your gallery.

I'd rather take the time and hand you a gallery you'll want to look at for years than rush something out fast. That wait is always worth it.

No comments: