Monday, September 22, 2025

Let’s Talk Photos! Answering Your Most Frequently Asked Questions

Hi, I'm Erica Cameron. I photograph people and events with heart, honesty, and a lot of creativity, whether it's a wedding, a portrait session, or something in between. To make things easier from your first inquiry through final delivery, here are answers to the questions I get asked most.

What's your pricing for events and sessions?

Event coverage is $350 per hour, which includes shooting, editing, and delivery of high-resolution images, with a 2-hour minimum. Portrait sessions vary by length and what you're looking for, with mini, standard, and extended options available. Full details are at ericacameronphotography.com/pricing-information.

How far in advance should I book?

For events, two to four weeks out is usually fine. For weddings or peak dates, three to twelve months is ideal. My calendar fills quickly, especially in spring and fall, but it never hurts to check, there might be an opening.

Do I need to sign a contract?

Yes. Your date is only reserved once you've signed the agreement and paid the non-refundable retainer. The contract protects both of us and spells out all the details.

What are your payment terms?

A non-refundable deposit holds your date, and the remaining balance is due 14 days before your event. I accept cash, check, or Venmo, and payment plans are available for weddings and larger bookings.

What if I need to cancel or reschedule?

If you cancel, the deposit is non-refundable and kept as liquidated damages. If you reschedule, we can move your date as long as I'm available, though a new date during busy season or one involving travel may carry an additional fee. If I'm not available for your new date, the agreement becomes void and any fees beyond the deposit are refunded per the contract.

How many photos will I receive, and when?

For events and weddings, expect sneak peeks within two weeks and a full gallery in eight to twelve weeks. Portrait sessions get a full gallery in four to six weeks. Most clients receive 30 to 75 or more edited images per hour of coverage, delivered through a private, high-resolution online gallery you can download, print, and share from.

Will I get the RAW files?

No. I hand-select and edit the images that tell your story best, and the rest get removed during culling so you're left with the strongest gallery possible.

Do you retouch the photos?

Yes. Every final image is edited for color, light, and tone, and I remove temporary blemishes like acne.

How long will my gallery stay available?

Your gallery stays online for 12 months. If you need more time, you can extend it for another 12 months for a $250 reactivation fee, so it's worth downloading and backing up your images once you get them.

Can guests take photos at my event?

Absolutely, casual guest photos are welcome. During posed moments, though, I'll ask guests to pause so we don't miss expressions or end up with someone's flash in the frame. I'm not responsible for shots missed due to guest interference like flashes or crowding.

Do you travel?

Yes. Travel within 75 miles roundtrip of Broomfield is included. Beyond that, it's $1 per mile roundtrip, and destinations requiring an overnight stay or flight get a custom travel invoice.

Do you need meals at long events?

If I'm photographing for more than four hours, I kindly ask for a vendor meal for myself, and my assistant if one is on site. We'll eat quickly during your dinner hour so we're ready for everything after.

What should I wear for portraits?

I don't send a formal style guide, but a few things help. Solid colors or subtle prints photograph best. Sleeveless tops, especially for women, can be unflattering in certain light. Red can sometimes make skin tones look flushed, and anything glittery or high shine, including shimmer lotions, tends to reflect light unpredictably and can make skin look oily in photos. Most important: wear something you feel comfortable and confident in. It genuinely shows.

Will you share my photos online or on social media?

Only if you're comfortable with it. I sometimes post sneak peeks or portfolio images, but only with your permission, and your contract lets you specify exactly what you're okay with, sneak peeks, social media, promotional use, or none of the above. You can even ask to approve images before anything gets shared.

What happens if you can't make it to my event?

If illness, an emergency, or something truly unexpected keeps me from attending, I'll do everything I can to secure a qualified backup photographer. If no substitute is available, you'll receive a full refund. Your coverage always comes first.

Still have questions?

Reach out anytime, I'm always happy to help. You can find me at www.ericacameronphotography.com/contact

No comments: